Friday, August 19, 2011

Sundae

On Sunday, August 14, the boys were up extremely early, even though we hadn't gotten home or to bed until really late the night before due to the picnic. With the time the baby nursed, I thought we had just enough time to get to church on time. We ended up being a few minutes late, and I needed to register Ryan as a new family member. This was his first time going to church! He slept in his car seat the entire time, which I was thankful for. There were two workers and more than a half dozen baby - ALL BOYS! But, with two crawlers and a couple fussy babies, I knew Ryan wouldn't get any attention. I told them to page me if he needed anything, but thankfully he slept away while we enjoyed the service. The sermon was about "gluttony."
Caleb was also in a new room this time since he turned three in July. He was a "Crab" (while Joshua is a Sea Turtle). The rest of the day, Caleb told us "I'm a crab!" And I would laugh. How can you not at this sweet little face?
That evening, I got bored. Let's do something, I said to Shawn. He agreed. We got in the car. And we ended up at the McDonald's play land on Manheim Pike (since it had poured that day and parks were out of the question). We got ice cream cones (while Shawn got a hot fudge sundae since he doesn't really like vanilla ice cream) and let the boys have fun on all the play equipment. It was a nice night, and a good day all around.

No comments: