Monday, August 15, 2011

Random Other


If you’re like me, you like to have things organized. When I don’t know what category to put things into, I often call it miscellaneous or ‘random other’ ... which is what this post is full of. In trying to catch up on blogging before school starts, I’ll do a brief recap of our last couple weeks. My goal is to get better at blogging "by the moment" so I don't forget as much of our fun times and the kids' hilarious sayings. We are constantly laughing and I think "I have to put that on the blog" but I get busy and it's too quickly forgotten...

On Wednesday, July 27, Ryan took a bottle from Daddy for the first time because I had a meeting in Etown for my upcoming classes. I worried about my little guy the whole night, but Shawn said he took the bottle just fine. In fact, he ate over 4.5 ounces! I hope I can keep up with our big guy. Anyway, I was glad - please pray that he continues to do well for Shawn as classes start tomorrow night!

On Saturday, August 6, I went out to breakfast with my girl friends from high school/youth group. It was great to catch up and hear what was happening in their lives, particularly my close friend who I used to spend the most time with since she and her twin lived in my development growing up, went to school with me and we went to church together. We had mutual friends and we were together most days. I love her mom as well, and it was good to hear what was happening in their lives. I had been planning on taking Ryan with me, and the girls said they were anxious to meet him, but he hadn't ate well that morning and I feared he might get fussy. Shawn told me to leave him and go have some fun since I haven't been out much since having our little guy. I was so blessed! It was great to see friends, and I watched the clock to get home in plenty of time to feed the baby. It was a nice morning. :)

The following Monday, my Mom did the same thing - she had come over just to watch the older boys while I went to get my hair cut, but she offered to keep Ryan too and I agreed. I love my kids, but it is nice to have an hour here or there to myself. Mom said that Joshua told her that we have a new baby who's name is Ryan Josiah but that Mommy calls him Schnookie. Indeed, I do. So do they now. Shawn told me that there's some show on TV now about New Jersey or something with a girl named something similar. I'm not into pop-culture (who has time these days?) so I had no idea. Obviously, that wasn't where his nickname came from... I'm thinking it was from his pacifier being called a nook and me singing to him about doing it all for the 'nookie' and then calling him 'schnookie' as I would sing it. Anyway, he is my little Schnook. :)

I had another meeting the following night for Study & Share, and I wasn't sure if I would be okay to bring Ryan or not. They seem kid-friendly, but I just didn't know so I left him home. [I came to find out later that they would have been fine with it after all.] When I got home, my Ry-guy was SO hungry and slightly upset that I wished I would have taken him (and I even left early because I could feel that it was time!). My poor baby! I so worry about him when we're not together. But I know Shawn does a GREAT job with all the boys. I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is willing to be my helper even though he works all day and all week long.

When I got home, all the boys seemed excited to see me. My neighbor had stopped to say hello (they are so sweet) and I saw Joshua peeking out the window at me, so I came in and gave them big hugs. The older boys told me that Ryan smiled at them. They love their little brother! And I know he'll love them, too! More stories to come! And some of them even have some pictures! ;-)

No comments: