Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Last Swim of Summer

Last Wednesday was a busy but fun day. Grandpa Georgia stopped in bright and early that morning with new videos for the kids. He stayed for awhile and then my sister Jen called, inviting us over to play in their backyard. The kids had a blast playing "Mr. Bear, Mr. Bear, what time is it?" then taking as many steps as the clock was until it was 'midnight' and the kiddo playing the bear would chase the other ones to tag them and make them the bear. Caleb also LOVED their little wheelbarrow, and he pushed it all around their yard, digging up mulch and dumping it back down again.

After nap time, we went over to Mamaw's for the last swim of the summer. Since she is with my sister's family at the beach this week and school starts for the kids next week, we knew that this would be the last opportunity for the pool. The water has cooled down now as the nights are getting cooler, but the boys still had fun. There was another little five-year-old that could swim like a fish! His grandma wasn't even in the pool (or watching him, I'd say). Joshua swam with the help of his noodle, but he still won't put his head under water. He can touch at the shallow end, now. Caleb can touch barely, but when he was hopping around, he went under water surprisingly for a moment. Mom was right next to him and pulled him right up, but it scared Caleb and me! My reaction time is not what it should be with my lack of sleep. I held onto him and let him swim with me the rest of the time. Ryan napped in his stroller and then Mamaw held him when he woke up since she was chilly in the cold water. After we were done, we went back to her house to play for a little while and give Daddy time to mow our yard. Eventually we came home, and I baked the Hawaiian Pizza Pasta Casserole that I had gotten out of the freezer earlier that day. It was scrumptious!
Thursday the boys & I played outside and did our craft, which I already posted about. Friday was a work day. I needed to clean the house, and Shawn helped by watching the boys and taking out the trash, etc. I wanted to get our list of chores done (like all the laundry, etc) because we had a fun and busy day planned for the boys on Saturday!

No comments: