Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grateful

After I fell, there were several days that every movement felt like torture. Finally, I knew that I NEEDED a shower more than I needed to be without pain. While the hot water was rushing over me, I felt so thankful for the feeling. Is there any better feeling, I wondered, than a nice hot shower when you feel grotesque? It got me thinking about everything I was thankful for that day, which I decided to post on facebook. I wrote:

Things I've appreciated today: the smile of a baby, the laughter of children, the help of my mother, the care of my husband, the clean feeling after a shower, the coolness of A/C on a hot day, the hug of a son, a message from a friend, and the joy in knowing that we are saved by grace and not "perfection." I'm thankful to God for so many blessings in my life that are simply priceless!

No comments: