Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bleeding Without Blood

Monday, August 22, was an absolutely gorgeous day. The sun was shining but there was a refreshing breeze that made it almost cool outside. The weather was PERFECT! I called Daddy to see if he'd like the boys & me to meet him at the park over his lunch break. He said yes, so I made him a quick sandwich and we headed out (since the boys had four bowls of cereal each that morning, they weren't hungry for lunch yet).

The kids had a blast playing, and their pretending to be superman on the swings and flying on their bellies with their hands stretched out cracked us both up! Shawn would also push them on the swings, and Joshua climbed the rock climbing wall with success. Both boys also enjoyed going down the slide and climbing, etc. Soon enough it was time to go home. When we got in the minivan, Daddy accidentally pinched Caleb's chin in the buckle. As Shawn said, "Wow! That's next to impossible to do." But somehow he managed. It also seemed random because Caleb always buckles himself. I think his chin was down as he was watching Daddy help him and somehow the buckle was up - I have NO idea. I'm sure Shawn felt bad and Caleb was hurting.

I dropped Shawn back off at work, and Joshua pinched his fingers in his sunglasses. He screamed, and I asked if he was okay. He cried and said he needed a band-aid. "It's really bleeding," he said. I told him how bad I felt for him and I said we'd put a band-aid on their boo-boos as soon as we got home. In the meantime, I asked him to try and keep the blood off the car and his outfit, etc. His response was that there wasn't any blood, but he was still bleeding. Haaa!!! Indeed, he had forgotten about it by the time we got home. No blood. But, I'm sure it hurt.
That afternoon, I woke the boys from their naps because Mamaw & Papaw wanted to see them. They visited for a couple hours, and we talked about precious memories of home. Papaw taught the boys a new game called "Stinky Stew." They left not long after Shawn got home because they were picking Erica up from the airport. I had a roast in the crock pot and made brown butter noodles and sweet corn to go with it. The boys ate and ate and ate. They ate well at all three meals. After we cleaned up, I took them for a walk around the neighborhood. My foot is still sore but getting better. I couldn't run or jump on it, but walking isn't too terrible as long as I'm careful.

Right as we came back, Caleb fell in the EXACT spot where I had fallen. Fortunately, he didn't break anything, but he was all skinned up. I felt bad for him - it just wasn't his day. So, Daddy put a Cars band-aid on his chin, a Curious George band-aid on his one boo-boo on his knee and a Toy Story band-aid on the other boo-boo. When we took the chin band-aid off, we noticed that his skin had an allergic reaction to it. He's itching it like crazy and there's a huge rash in the shape of a band-aid. Oh, my poor little Caleb and his sensitive skin!

No comments: