Monday, August 8, 2011

Friends 'n Flowers

On Saturday, July 23, we went to the Durling's house for dinner. I met my friend Rebecca at Study & Share, and we've gotten together on occasion since then for play dates. She visited me at the hospital and came over twice after the baby was born. Then she invited our family to come over for a cookout so our husbands could meet. This was the first date that worked for both our families. But, in the meantime, I had invited them to come to Caleb's birthday party.

I wasn't sure how the evening would go since my foot was in a cast. Every step was painful! But, I knew the boys would have fun. So, went and all ended up having a great time. They cooked out and we ate outside in the heat. Caleb Luke got right into their baby pool without waiting for me to grab his swimsuit (which I had taken along!). So, both boys ended up swimming and getting wet in their sprinkler in their regular clothes, and then we changed them into their swim outfits for the ride home. Silly gooses!

The Durling's have a great backyard with play ground equipment and space to run. Our boys are just about the same age, and then their daughter Chloe is just over a year older than Ryan. We had fun talking to them about how they met and kids and vacations and life in general. It was a fun night and we stayed even later than we were expecting to!

When we went to leave, Rebecca gave me these gorgeous flowers and told me that she was going to have flowers delivered when I fell but since I was coming over anyway, she decided just to have them there for me. They were beautiful and SO thoughtful! They graced my dining room table for a couple weeks, and each time I saw them I thought of her and how nice it is to have other mommy friends. It was something I have prayed for - it's important that I get to socialize and that the boys do, too. I'm thankful for each person God puts into my life. We're looking forward to hanging out more this coming year!

No comments: