Monday, August 15, 2011

Come On Over!


On Thursday, August 4, Cousin Jess [Shawn’s cousin Don’s wife] came over with their son Benjamin (who’s around four months older than Caleb) and their daughter Jordyn (who's about three months older than Ryan). This was the first time I was seeing little Jordyn because I had to cancel our other gatherings due to one of the kids being sick when Jordyn was first born and then me falling and breaking my toe right before getting together. I warned Jess that Joshua was sniffly that week from Bible school, but she said that a little sniffle didn't bother her. I'm glad because he actually seemed to be feeling pretty good by the time Thursday rolled around.
At first we went to the playground but I think our neighbor kid who hangs around intimidated Ben (not on purpose, but just because he lurks around the younger children), so we came home. The kids had fun playing together after lunch, though. And, even though Jess appropriately called us the "mama-razzi," neither one of us thought of cameras that day. I had even gotten mine out and put it on the counter so I wouldn't miss it but then got interested in our conversation and seeing the kids and didn't think of it. So, I took this picture of her kids from her blog. :)

We had more visitors this past Thursday night, August 11. Our friends Chris & Lisa came over with their daughter Isabella for dinner and to play. The kids all have a great time together, and they are one of those rare couples that Shawn gets along really well with the husband and I get along really well with the wife and our kids play well together, etc. It is always a fun time when we see them. I warned them that Shawn now has a cold, and they said that they wouldn't be "snuggling" with Shawn so it should be fine. But, when Shawn came home that night, I could tell that he was worse rather than better. He could barely breathe, his nose was red, he was coughing. I felt bad for him. He looked wiped out. We had fun, but I'm praying they don't get whatever he had! I think he's on the upswing now. I enjoyed our time so much that I didn't get out the camera but just enjoyed visiting with our friends.

Our next visitors came the afternoon of Sunday, August 14. Shawn's Grandma & Grandpa Dziedzic came over to meet Ryan. She had knitted the baby a beautiful yellow blanket and she also had a gift of puzzles for the older boys, which I thought was kind. We had a nice visit with them - she told me about raising her three boys and how she used cloth diapers on them and how times were simpler then, etc. They stayed for about two hours until it was time for me to feed the baby again. I wasn't sure how they would feel about pictures since we don't know them all that well, so I didn't take any while they were here. 

But we have enjoyed our visitors these past couple weeks. :)

No comments: