Saturday, August 13, 2011

Automatic Sprinkler

Ryan is my third boy. I feel that I've gotten pretty good at changing diapers... but Ryan proved me wrong on Tuesday night of this week. I had gotten him undressed, and I had his PJ's next to me on the rocking chair. I noticed that his diaper wasn't very wet as I took it off - right as he started to SPRAY everywhere! I had the clean diaper right there and tried to catch it, but it merely deflected it onto himself and ALL over the changing table. There was a river on the cover of the changing table. Shawn heard me shrieking and came right in (the other boys were already in bed, thankfully!). Not wanting to get yet another clean diaper wet in the lake that was on the changing table, I moved a naked baby into the crib to clean him off.
He was no more than in his crib and I was giving him an extremely quick wash off (since he had urine all over him and it was so late at night) when...HE PEED AGAIN!!!! This time, it hit all of his crib bedding. And again, it was so much that it went right through to the mattress protector. Shawn yelled at me, "COVER THE PICKLE!" I couldn't stop laughing. How had he erupted twice within seconds of each other? So, I moved him back over to the changing table (which Shawn had already stripped down), cleaned him up, got the diaper on, and put his PJs on. I got this blue cover out for the changing pad, and a new crib sheet. Daddy put the wet things all on a pile... that I immediately stepped in. So, next I went to the bathtub to wash my feet. I had lots of laundry to do, thanks to my little Ryan Josiah. The next day, I wore his outfit on him that says 'Automatic Sprinkler.' That about sums it up!

No comments: