Friday, August 19, 2011

Reverse

The other morning in my devotions was the verse Matthew 18:10-11: "See that you don't look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." I've always liked this verse, but once again it had special meaning to me. As I go to work, as they go to school, they have angels who behold the face of the Father. God loves them and will protect them; and He can do a far better job than I can, of course!

I told the boys the verse, and we talked about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego - I asked Joshua what happened in the fire, and he remembered that there was a fourth person - an angel - who came to be with them, which the king had seen when he ordered that the boys be brought out and that all people in Babylon worship their God.

We talked briefly about angels and how God loves us and is always with us, and how He looks out for us so we never need to be scared. Then we completed this craft. I helped them cut out the picture from one of their coloring books (which was about the Bible but didn't have a single angel in it! so we used another picture that there was two of). Then, they traced their hands (I helped Caleb while Joshua did his own). We cut these out and used them as wings. The boys each colored their angel before we glued them onto the paper. Then I suggested we write the verse on the page, and then they signed it.

When I talked about writing the "verse" on, Joshua asked me if we were going backward. What? I asked. He said "reverse." I said "No, silly, I'm talking about a Bible verse." His response? "Well, I'm talking about cars." Yes, indeed. I cracked up. :)

The boys that night in saying their favorite parts of the day mentioned the craft; playing outside in the garage with their bikes, dump truck and cars; and going on a shopping trip for their friend, which we told them was also a toy exploration to give Santa ideas. Joshua loved picking out things that he wanted (and his list is a mile long!). Caleb also found plenty of toys that he liked. Anyway, I'm glad they enjoyed the craft time. I still need to get left-handed scissors for my Bean, but I want to keep working with them both on cutting and pasting. :)

Thank You, God, for providing Your angels for our little ones!

No comments: