Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mid-July

I'm officially more than two weeks behind on blogging. Life is busy with three kids! On Friday, July 15, we went to our friends' house for a play date in the morning. The boys enjoyed playing with their friend Kyler and I had a great time catching up with Karisten. Poor Joshua stepped on a sharp toy and took a good chunk out from the bottom of his foot behind his big toe. Karisten got him a cars band-aid and a lollipop. :) When we left, he came home with two little toys in his hands that were his friend's. He said he accidentally forgot to put them away. I explained that even accidentally forgetting to give something back is considered stealing at a store or anywhere else, really, so we needed to say sorry and give back the toys. He felt badly about it and said he was very sorry. Better learn the lesson (for me to check his hands and for him!) at a friend's house than at a store!

The next day, Daddy went golfing with Chris, so Lisa & Isabella came to our house to play and visit. The kids had a great time, as did us gals. They stayed through lunch until it was time to nap. Daddy came home roughly an hour or so later and said he also enjoyed his day.

The following morning (Sunday) we saw Mamaw & Papaw Ginder for breakfast. While they had been in town for the entire week, we didn't see them much this trip since Great Grandma Kennel went back into the hospital (she's back at the Retirement Home now, though). Here they are pictured meeting baby Ryan for the first time.

That evening I went for jogging for the first time in over 9 months. It felt WONDERFUL! I was so grateful that Shawn would take the baby and give me time to go exercise. On my way home, I was stopped by an LBC student who asked me if I was okay. I was glad that she was inquiring, but I also laughed most of the way home about it (I was only a few yards from our door at that point). I had been feeling so good running most of the jogging route (that I always did before getting pregnant) without missing a beat - but I was also sweating profusely at that point in my journey and had a red face, I'm sure. Haaa!! It was a nice weekend all around.

No comments: