Saturday, August 13, 2011

Knock-knock! Who's there? Forgetful Mama...

When we went to my friend Rebecca's house on July 23, I forgot that the boys learned how to tell knock-knock jokes. They laughed and laughed at the silly things they came up with. Noah started it with Joshua. He would say knock-knock, and tell the Bean to ask who was there. Joshua got right into it, too. Of course, his favorite would be to say "Banana" and then "Banana Head" and giggle. Then the process would start with his friend, and they often told each other's joke right back to the first one. But, the laughter cracked me up. You would have thought they were both comedians. Caleb joined right in, but he always says "knock-knock, who's there" and then waits... but he's already asked us who's there. This makes me giggle because we can tell him who's at the door, which is what he prefers. My favorite knock-knock joke is... Oswald...Oswald my bubble gum. Shawn always rolls his eyes because I bring that one out anytime a knock-knock joke is performed. :) :) :) 
 
But, that's not the only thing I've forgotten to post about. I also forgot to write about Emma's birthday party, which was Saturday, July 16. Joshua thinks his cousin Emma is the cat's meow. She's pictured above (right) with Faith next to Joshua in the black dress. Mamaw had knitted both Daniel & Joshua new little vests, which Joshua is modeling for the picture.
Emma & Mamaw share the same birthday, July 19. Emma had already gotten her face painted before getting the picture taken above with her "twin" (I'm thinking maybe this was to be a butterfly, but I'm not sure...).
I had forgotten that Aunt Jen said they'd be playing water games. So, I didn't have the kids' suits along. At first, Joshua was highly upset with me. But, I told him to either play in his clothes or miss out, and he quickly decided that playing in his clothes sounded just fine. They split the kids into two teams, and the idea was to fill up one bucket on the other side first with a sponge and then race back - whoever's team completed the task the fastest was the winner (or at least that's how I think it went - I was busy feeding baby Ryan across the yard). They did silly things in this relay race like run with the wet sponge over their head. The boys LOVED it! I think they had a fun time.
I can tell our boys are getting older because they didn't require a lot of parent supervision. Not that we weren't watching, but Shawn didn't even take a chair assuming he would be running after them the whole night. He ended up sitting in the neighbor's chair (which they offered since they were at the party). The boys played great with all the other kids there and did well throughout the evening.
The other thing that Mama has been doing lately is forgetting to take her camera along to places or taking pictures at home. I simply MUST get better at this. Thankfully Mamaw snapped a few pictures at the party, which is where I got all these from that are on this post (thanks!).
On Wednesday, July 27, I was feeling like doing something. But, my activities have been limited by my inability to walk real well yet. So, I called my sister Jen and invited us over to play in her backyard. That's the nice thing about sisters - I knew she'd tell me if it didn't suit, so I didn't mind asking if they were busy and wanted company. She agreed, and the kids had a blast playing in the back yard. Joshua loves his cousins, and Jen has a nice shaded yard with a nice swing set and slide, etc. I was able to feed Ryan as they played and talk with Jen. When we left, Joshua told me how much fun he had that morning and asked when we can go back to Aunt Jen's and play again. Hopefully we'll schedule another play date soon. :)
Aunt Jen also invited us to their church's Vacation Bible School, which was starting the following Sunday. After talking to Shawn about it, we agreed to let them go. More stories from that week to come!

No comments: