Monday, August 15, 2011

Best Baby

Shawn looked at me the other night and said, "I hate to even say it, but do you feel like Ryan is the best baby?" I knew what he meant - you hate to brag and then be 'proved' wrong, but Ryan has been AMAZING so far. We had a little bit of a rough start, but for the most part, he has been very easygoing and easy to take care of. He cries when he's hungry or needs a diaper change, but I'm starting to know his cries. He sits nicely when we're out; we've been able to take him out (which is HUGE for me) and he's sleeping decently at night in between feedings. We've had several nights where he's only woken up once to eat. He likes to be walked around so if I'm not home, Daddy can wear him and walk him around and he's content. We've gotten into more of a groove. I can't explain it, but he does seem easier than the other boys. Maybe it's partially us? We've gotten a little more used to what's expected or something? Or maybe it's because he doesn't have the health issues Joshua had (like reflux which would make him feel so much pain that he was fussy, etc). I don't know. Either way, we'll take it! Ryan has been deemed "the best baby" by his parents. Not in comparison to our other boys at this age but just as a baby at this stage, in and of himself. We LOVE him! And our other boys! We are truly blessed. :)

No comments: