Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Singing Happy Birthday

Yesterday I baked a spice cake for Jamie for his birthday, and Shawn, Joshua & I, along with Jen, Mike, Grace, Faith & Emma went into the hospital to celebrate (my other sister Becky went in earlier since her husband was working, so she declined joining us). We weren't sure what to get Jamie this year, but mom said his sunglasses were pretty beat up and she's been trying to help him get outside by taking him for walks in his wheel chair. So, sunglasses it was! We had a nice time, and Jamie seemed in good spirits. It sounds like there were a lot of people who visited throughout the day.
Other than that, Joshua & I have been playing while we have the opportunity and I've been writing, writing, writing. I'm so glad that my Millersville semester is done next week. While I'll miss the paycheck, I'm looking forward to the break this summer. This afternoon, Joshua has his third physical therapy appointment. Then, I promised the worship leader at church that I would play this Sunday since she's on vacation, so tonight I'm planning on going to worship practice for the first time since I gave birth.
Here are a few pictures from Joshua's dedication that my mom took. Unfortunately, I can't find my camera, so I'll see if I left it at church tonight, and if it's not there...well, I'm just hoping it's there...

2 comments:

Julie Garner said...

Happy Birthday to Jamie! You are so kind and thoughtful, Val. From baking spice cakes to taking ump-teen copy projects at a time like this and leading worship at your church--your servant heart is so genuine.

Praying for you guys!
Love ya!
Julie

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos of Jamie's birthday and Joshua's dedication!

Thanks for sharing!