Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Reflection 6: You Can Say Anything to Me as Long as You Say It in Love.

Your Consideration for My Feelings Will Help Me Face Hard Truths and Make It Easier for Us to Work Through Difficult Issues.
I enjoy it when you say nice things to me. I feast on every compliment. Much as I love those sweet words, I know there will be times when you must tell me hard truths. My friends may not always want to point out my missteps or potential problems, but because you love me like only a husband can, I know you will. When you have to tell me painful truths, I hope you'll always ease on the sting with a good dose of love. Give it to me straight, but give it to me kindly. Don't hold anything back, but remember to hold me. When you have to say something I won't want to hear, I promise to listen. But I'll hear it best if you say it gently.

'The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word unsaid.' ~Unknown

Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ. Ephesians 4:14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! So cute. Matt wanted to see Josh because we got a photo packge from Kristen and he said, "you know, I'm looking at Elliot and I don't think I've ever seen Josh!" So we rushed over here to your blog and took a few minutes to peruse all the pictures of your HANDSOME son!!!!! So now Matt has met him officially :)