Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Reflection 14: Your Willingness to Really Listen Proves You Really Care

Your Willingness to Listen Inspires Me to Share With You My Deepest Thoughts & Concerns.
Women love to talk. You probably figured that out long ago. We talk when we're happy, we talk when we're excited, and we really like to talk when we have a problem. Talking helps us cope with our troubles, disappointments, and frustrations. Some men can turn all that talking into background noise and tune it out. Thanks for not doing that. Thanks for showing genuine interest in my thoughts and concerns, for reining in your frustration when you don't agree with what I'm saying and instead patiently listening. When you listen it speaks volumes to me. It says you care about what I feel and think. It tells me I'm important to you and that what I have to say matters. Thanks for being a good listener.

'One of the best ways to demonstrate God's love is to listen to people.' ~Bruce Larsen

My dear brothers and sisters, always be willing to listen and slow to speak. Do not become angry easily. James 1:19

No comments: