Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Reflection 24: Because You Understand the Importance of Teamwork, You Value Your Wife's Advice

Listening to My Advice Doesn't Make You Less of a Man; It Makes You More of a Husband.
Teamwork. On the football field, teamwork is what scores the point. In the workplace, teamwork is what gets the project done. And we both know how important teamwork is to a successful marriage. I appreciate the fact that you realize we are a team, each bringing our own unique talents and insights. I'm glad you value my opinions and that you're willing to listen to my advice. It shows how secure you are in your manhood that you can consider another opinion, another way of looking at the world or dealing with a situation. Thank you for not putting me down or shutting me up, for realizing that God gave me to you to help you. Thanks for working as a team. We make a winning combination.

'Who is the wise man? He who learns from all men.' ~William Gladstone

The way of a fool is right in his eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15

No comments: