Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Eighth Month Birthday, Joshua!

I turned 8 months old today! To celebrate, mommy and I played all morning long after she changed my diaper & outfit, fed me a bottle and read to me from one of my favorite books. The book was about all sorts of Bible stories with different things that pop up. All I wanted to do is grab the book and eat it.Do you like my new toy? I sure do! It lights up, plays music and the monkey dances. I can play the piano, guitar or drums - just like mommy!I'm sitting up pretty well on my own now. Mommy typically sits behind me just in case I get tired and can't catch myself when I go to fall. The physical therapist gave us new things to work on now like pivoting, reaching for toys, grabbing smaller toys that I bring up to my mouth to practice balancing without my arms, etc. It's hard work!This is another toy we got. It's an ATM. The Cookie Monster says "Enter Your Secret Cookie Code" (mommy's favorite) and Elmo giggles at any numbers I push. Big Bird asks me how much money I want out, too. I love all the noises it makes. Mostly I love music, though. Right now my favorite song is the Itsy-Bitsy Spider, and I laugh every time momma tells me that the rain "washed the spider out." I also love that the sun comes out again! Yesterday mommy's cousin Cindy came over for lunch, and when we were singing the song, I put my hands together like I was trying to do the spider-part of the hand motions.
I'm having such a great day, I want to call Grandpa Georgia to tell him. Soon I'll have another set of grandparents living in another state. Good thing we found this phone at a yardsale! It sings to me that "the numbers on the phone go beep, beep, beep..." and when I dial anything it rings and a puppy jumps out and says "Hello, is that you?" I giggle at that, but mostly I just like to eat the phone.
Mommy & Daddy took me shopping last night for my new big-boy carseat. I'm ready for it! Mommy also bought a new finger-toothbrush to brush my two teeth (soon to be four, I think!), gums and tongue. That's easier than her trying to wash them with a washcloth like the dentist originally suggested. When she found this brush and flouride-less toothpaste that's safe for infants and recommended by many dentists and the book she's reading on my development, she was pretty happy. Me, too! I like the apple & banana flavor and didn't mind that she was in my mouth as much.
Yesterday we ate lunch outside. It was beautiful out! Today, though, it's pretty chilly. So, I'm dressed in layers. Lately I've been wearing shorts, but I was a little cold this morning. Last night I sat in my high chair while mommy made dinner and I didn't cry or fuss to be held once - a new first for me! It's getting easier for me to sit up in the high chair, so I don't mind as much. Mommy also puts it right next to her island so we can talk and sing as she cooks. She made what Daddy had requested - strawberry shortcakes. The whole way through dinner I licked my lips like I wanted some - someday soon I'll be able to start finger foods!
I slept all through the night last night. Sometimes I wake up, but not last night. Often when I wake up, I can put myself back to sleep, unless I have a dirty diaper or I'm too cold or too hot. Then I need help. Mommy & Daddy are both pretty good at rescuing me. My favorite word to say is da-da-da, and I mostly say ma-ma-ma when I'm in distress. I also say ba-ba. My favorite noise to make is my lips together and pushing out to make a tooting noise. I love when someone listens and does it back to me. That gets a real belly laugh out of me! I'm glad you came to visit my website to share my 8 month birthday with me. I hope you have a good day like I'm having! Love, Joshua

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Happy Birthday, Cute Boy! I love your fuzzy hair. It's adorable. Can't believe how big you are. Soon you'll be crawling, then walking, then running, then scaring your mommy to death on the playground like Jude does to me! We love watching you grow...

Miss Julie & your friend Jude