Friday, May 4, 2007

To My Amazing Husband, Shawn

Now that we're done with the fruit of the spirit, I thought I'd focus a portion of my blog to Shawn, especially since next Saturday is his birthday. For our anniversary, I bought him a book "from a Wife's Heart to her Husband: 50 Reflections on Living Well." I bought it because as I opened its pages and read, I saw a beautiful expression of exactly how I feel about the amazing man of God I married. So, I'll share some excerpts from time to time to honor him and express how much I appreciate the true gift from God he is to me.

Reflection 1
You, my dear husband, are one of a kind, a man among men. You are the most important person in the world to me. Your love is my greatest possession. I value your good opinion of me more than anyone else's. Your success makes me happy, and I can't be content unless you are content. I hope as you read this, you will see my love. Being your wife is a joy for me, and you make traveling life's road an interesting journey. I want you to know that if I had to do it all over again, I'd still choose you over any other man. I also hope that as you read this, you'll realize what an important part you play, not only in my life, but also in the lives of many people. You hold an important spot in the world, a spot reserved specially for you by God.

'Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house.' ~Mother Theresa

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

No comments: