Monday, May 21, 2007

Reflection 20: Show Me Kindness, and You'll See It Coming Right Back to You

The More You Show You Love Me, the More Love I'll Reflect Back.
What do a wife and a mirror have in common? Both have a way of reflecting your emotions and actions. Your loving touch encourages me to reach out. Your smile pulls an answering smile from me. Your desire to watch out and care for me inspires me to do the same for you. And those kind gestures - getting me gifts, running out for icecream when I've got a craving, fetching a blanket when I'm cold - they make me grateful. They make me want to give back, even outdo you. Your acts of kindness and consideration generate more love between us and allow us both to reflect God's love for us. Keep putting the feeling into action, and we'll continue to raise our relationship to new, exciting heights.

'Husbands who have the courage to be tender enjoy marriages that mellow through the years.' ~Brendan Francis

Husbands should love their wives as [being in a sense] their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself. For no man ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and carefully protects and cherishes it, as Christ does the church. Ephesians 5:28-19

No comments: