Thursday, May 24, 2007

God Inhabits the Praises of His People

Psalm 22:3
"But You are holy, Enthroned in the praises of Israel." New King James Version
"But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel." American Standard Version
http://www.worshipmap.com/compassnf/cl-psalm22.html

A neighbor across the street from mom has a ladies' Bible study every other Wednesday morning, and she offered to have the group come and share worship with them. So, yesterday they brought over a keyboard and sang songs that mom & Jamie knew and prayed for them. Mom said it was "refreshing" since they haven't been able to go to church since he went into the hospital. I thought, what a neat ministry! Jamie even noted how the Spirit filled the house, and mom said that's because God inhabits the praises of His people. That's the second time I had heard that verse in a 24-hour period - the night before, that verse was discussed in our worship team meeting. I thought about it a lot yesterday, and so when Joshua cried just before midnight last night, I went in and rocked him back to sleep singing God's praise and asking Him to enter the room and fill our hearts with His Spirit. I believe He answered my prayer. When I was at mom's, Jamie decided he'd like to sit outside but mom was fixing a shirt for me with her sewing machine so we stayed in for a few minutes and joined him when she was done. She looked on her dining room floor, and picked up something and said "What's this?" Then we both realized at the same time that it was a lock of Jamie's hair. She got a little teary and said she didn't want to say anything to him about it to upset him, and I felt soooo bad. They told him yesterday that they don't expect him to walk or use his arm any better because of the treatments he's receiving; it will only be the physical therapy that helps him. I think that was discouraging news for both of them, and I hate to see them suffering. When we went back outside, Joshua played on a blanket on the grass and he told Jamie all sorts of stories in his baby language and then would giggle. It was so cute! But, then it was time to go home.


Today I met Michelle & her two kiddos for lunch. It was supposed to be a group of gals and kids, but one thing or another came up for the rest of the gang. It was actually nice that it worked out that way because I really enjoyed seeing her & the fam. Medea was such a big helper, liked playing with Joshua and absolutely loved to pet any dogs we saw - I think even walking on the trail we saw less than a half a dozen people total at the park, even on this positively gorgeous day. There was a refreshing breeze with the brightly shining sun and warm temperatures. Joshua got his first ride on a "big kid" toddler swing outside. He loved it! In fact, he almost fell asleep on it and did pass out once I put him in the stroller to go for a walk after lunch. Poor Michelle was fasting but still came, and we fed our kiddos at the picnic table in the shade. Her son is such a handsome little guy with such a great smile. And he can crawl and pull himself up like a big boy! Even though he looks small, he celebrated nine months today, and her daughter turns three years old on May 30. We had a nice time, and I enjoyed hearing about their church and her decorating. :)


When we came home, I fed Joshua his bottle and gave him a refreshing bath to help cool him off and wash off the sunscreen I had put on him. Tonight we're packing to visit Grandma & Grandpa Ginder this weekend. Hopefully Joshua's a good little boy and not too overwhelmed with the trip, new bed and new surroundings. I think his "sickness" might have been the baby meat I fed him. I don't think he could digest it well so it made him throw up at dinner and have other issues later. So I'll wait a few weeks and try again and monitor it more carefully this time. He seems to be doing much better now.

No comments: