Sunday, May 20, 2007

Our Little Golfer

On Saturday, Daddy went golfing with Uncle Brian and Poppy. I wanted to go, too, and even showed mommy what an excellent golfer I'd be when I picked up my plastic golf club and turned it upside down immediately. Mommy giggled and said that I'd still probably do better than she does with golfing. Mini-golf is more her style. Poppy invited me to come putt for him, but Daddy said that he'd let me come when I'm old enough to learn the game. Since Momma was feeling bored, we headed to Grandma's house for a little while. When we got back, Grandpa Georgia had called to say that he bought me an Atlanta Braves (Daddy's favorite baseball team) bib and some other toys. He invited me to come down to visit him with Mommy & Daddy. I'd love to go, I think! I'm looking forward to going to Grandma & Grandpa Ginder's house Memorial Day weekend, just two weeks before they settle on the sale of that house.
Mommy & Grandma went shoe shopping last night without much luck. Mom did buy one pair of sandals since most of her dress shoes are high heels, which are impossible to wear with a broken toe. So, she got some dress slides for $10 - not a bad deal. Meanwhile I hung out with Daddy & Grandpa Jamie, who's not supposed to be by himself. Grandma bought me some new PJ's that are cotton but long-sleeved and footed - perfect for the cooler but not cold weather we've been having. Thanks, Grandma! I also received a package in the mail from Grandma & Grandpa Ginder & Aunt Erica from Florida - complete with a surfer button-down shirt, cute shorts and adorable matching shoes. I'm anxious to wear them!
This morning Daddy went to Uncle Brian's church because he's getting baptized. He said I probably shouldn't come along because we don't know too much about the church and he'd feel bad if I got fussy. That's okay because momma offered to stay home and play with me. This morning we were working on my physical therapy, and I didn't throw up! In fact, I pulled a singing "bucket" to myself, dumped out the individual blocks, picked them up one-by-one, put each in my mouth having my arms level with my chest or higher, and I didn't fall or sag once. She was very impressed with my abilities. Even Daddy commented on how strong I'm getting. I roll from belly to back and back to belly (mostly back to belly - these days I LOVE to be on my belly). Momma also demonstrated flapping her tongue outside of her mouth and said, Joshua, can you do this? Could I ever! She was amazed when I stuck my tongue out and moved it just like she was doing. I'm growing more and more everyday!

No comments: