Monday, May 7, 2007

He Really IS a GOOD Boy!

Today Joshua was wonderful. He woke up early and ate his breakfast like a champ. We played for awhile and then it was time to head to lunch with Aunt Alicia & Cousin Jordon, Aunt Gayle & Cousin Grant, Nonie, Great Grandma Stoltzfus and Mary Esmay, who I think would technically be Alicia's 4-year-old cousin. It took us over an hour to get to a place that should take about 15 minutes because of the bad car accident on 222 N this morning. Thankfully Bonnie had called me to warn of the road being closed, but that caused 272 N - the only alternative - to become a parking lot as well (later I found that 272 was undergoing contruction with a flagger trying to coordinate these massive amounts of traffic). I was becoming highly impatient but Joshua slept and cooed and was amazingly well behaved. Then I felt convicted - I wasn't in a car accident, I wasn't late for work, I really had nothing to be that upset about. I prayed for the people in the accident and thanked God that we were safe. While I was later than the other family members coming from different directions, it truly didn't matter and they were kind enough to wait for us.

Joshua was amazing during lunch. He ate his rice cereal and carrots, drank water, smiled at the company and even the waitresses. He was so well behaved, and I was so proud of him. I kept telling him what a good boy he was! I got home only to turn around and leave again not long thereafter to go sit with Jamie while mom had a doctor's appointment. (While she was gone I managed to ruin brownies by misreading how much water to put in and then broke their 13 x 9 pan when I dropped the bowl of mix on the second batch....UGH! I'm not THAT terrible in the kitchen...) Her doctor did recommend that she be given leave during this time due the stresses. The doctor also talked to her about hospice care and things, but mom couldn't talk too much, of course, when she got home and we made dinner together. Jamie didn't need anything, and we just hung out for the most part. It was an easy afternoon. Again, Joshua was amazing. He smiled at Grandpa Jamie and played with his own feet and his toys and told us amazing stories. We had a great time. Shawn joined us for dinner and Jen, Mike & the kids came over for the second batch of brownies. We got home too late for Shawn to mow our grass and me to clean our house (our original plans for the evening), but that's okay. Tomorrow's another day!

Here are some pictures of Joshua enjoying a toy my dad bought him the summer I was pregnant. We found it in our garage, and it's perfect right now! Thanks, Grandpa Georgia!

No comments: