Friday, May 25, 2007

Reflection 26: You Are So Much More to Me Than a Paycheck

I Can Always Find Money Somewhere, But I can Never Find Another You.
Some men think their wives see them as only a paycheck. They think, all she wants is to spend my money, all she cares about is how soon I'm going to make more. She wouldn't care if I disappeared tomorrow as long as the money kept coming in. I married you, not your income. I married you for your great smile and kind heart. I married you for the pleasure of your company, not the pleasure of your checkbook. I appreciate how hard you work for us, and I'm happy when we can pay the bills, but this marriage is built on love, not money. Spending your money will never be as important as spending time with you.

'There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.' ~Martin Luther

I belong to my lover, and he desires only me. Song of Solomon 7:10

No comments: