Sunday, May 6, 2007

Homecoming

Jamie was released from the hospital on Friday, and he was happier than a kid on Christmas morning. All he begged everyone to do was to go home. So, they are installing handicap items in their house, and mom is taking off work to take care of him since he's not allowed to be alone (just like Bean!). I went over Friday afternoon to see if I could help in any way, and we bought them take out for dinner since they were both pretty tired. However, Jamie seemed in very good spirits. Both mom & Jamie commented on how much Joshua has grown. Although you don't necessarily recognize growth spurts in someone you're with every moment of the day, I've noticed just because none of his clothing fits. Everything is much too short, even some of the 9 month outfits we have. So, I'm going to need to get some 12 month clothing. Who would have ever thought our little 3 lb 4 oz Bean would grow so fast?He's been keeping us awake at night again. He was doing so well for a while that this has thrown us for a loop. But, I think once the season completely changes (none of this hot when we go to bed and freezing when we wake up) things will get back to normal. I helped lead worship for the first time in over eight months, and I think it went pretty well - Praise God! During practice, I heard Joshua crying which broke my heart (Shawn was with him) but he fell asleep just before the service started. Now we sit in what I'll call "the very small kids" section of church, where there are other parents who understand when a baby likes to talk quietly in the middle of the sermon, etc. The kids are so cute! And I'm just glad we're able to go to church again. I was blessed by a woman who came up to me and gave me some pictures of Joshua's dedication that she had taken. How sweet! I hadn't really gotten any of him with my camera while we were up front, and she was at a great angle and took one with the three of us up there together.

Saturday we went and picked up a car for Shawn since the Rodeo is pretty well done. Later that afternoon, I went to David & Brian's house with Leslie & Donna to celebrate Cinco de Mayo since the guys cooked for us. It was so nice to see these former co-workers again in a more pleasant place than work. Meanwhile Shawn popped in at Nonie & Poppy's house with Joshua and saw Jordon for a little bit. We also went to Toys R Us to buy Joshua some toys that will encourage him to sit up as he plays. I can't believe how expensive toys are! I MUST hit some yard sales this summer since we don't have anything fun for the Bean to play with, and the physical therapist even noted that we should have more bigger plastic toys. :) My dad has been buying things in GA for him, but we probably won't see him until July...so, we'll have to see what we can find in the meantime.

No comments: