Friday, May 18, 2007

Reflection 18: My Favorite Place to Sit in Church is Next to You

Your Presence With Me in Church Reinforces Right Priorities for Us as a Couple.
Most people have a favorite spot to sit in church: toward the front where they can see, at the back where they can slip out if they have to leave early, off to the side where their friends sit. But I don't care where I sit as long as it's with you. Being in church together honoring God brings me deep contentment. When we share weekly in that most important experience, it sets our priorities and seals our relationship afresh. There is probably no more lonely experience for a wife than to sit in church without her husband, to participate without the person who is her other half. Thank you for sparing me from that. Thank you for being with me in the place that's best for both of us.

'Church attendence is as vital to a disciple as a tranfusion of rich, healthy blood is to a sick man.' ~Dwight L. Moody

Let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25

No comments: