Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sorry, Roger, You Tiger Now

Shawn & I rarely get a moment to sit down & watch TV together. But we do love the show 24 and every once in awhile I'll get to watch HGTV, my favorite channel to see decorating and fancy houses. Since we have a Replay TV, we record our shows and skip through commercials, thereby saving time. For whatever reason, I was watching something and didn't immediately skip the commercials and started watching one for Comcast Digital Voice where a man named Roger has had tiger stripes tattooed into his skin and he's speaking with the artist about undoing it. The tattoo artist doesn't speak English well and I absolutely cracked up when he said, "Sawee, Woga, you tiga now!" Shawn was not nearly as amused as I was, but every once in awhile I'll randomly say it, and he seems to get a kick out of that. Here's a link to the commercial, which in and of itself is retarded but the expression is priceless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFoIEvjoaU In other news, I can see white where a tooth will push through any moment on the top front of Joshua's gums. I think the Bean is still sick, unfortunately, and I've changed more diapers the past two days than I have the rest of his life, I think. He's not cranky, though, and isn't running a fever. So, we'll see how today goes. If he doesn't seem better, I'll call the pediatrician. I'm making sure he gets enough liquids through his bottles and his diapers are wet, so I know that he's not dehydrated. I hate to see the little guy not feeling well! I'm also supposed to meet friends of mine who also have little ones at the park tomorrow, so I'm hoping he's completely better by then since I don't want to chance anyone else catching what he somehow did.
This morning Joshua was sitting up playing and I put a green ball out in front of him - he reached forward for it and got into what I'll call "the crawing position" where he went from sitting to more on his belly on his hands and knees. He was then able to reach the ball, so it went no further, but I was impressed! We're going to have to start baby-proofing our house now, I think!
Last night I had a meeting for the worship team at church. Shawn said that he was playing with Joshua while he was also looking for some new connection things (I know nothing about technology or what he was doing) and in the process found this "head-light" that my dad had gotten us one year for Christmas in our stockings. I thought the Bean looked so cute, but I suggested we take it off his head after we snapped the photos even though he didn't seem to mind his new fashion accessory. Silly Daddy!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Love the pictures of the Bean with the hands-free light on his head. It looks like he was cracking up!

Hey, the bad diaper issues could be related to teething. (or the meat...which is so disgusting!) I didn't realize that was a side-effect of teething until one of my girlfriends was saying she always knows a tooth is close by her son's diapers. Sure enough, I'm noticing the trend now. It's true! And he ALWAYS seems like he has a cold just before he gets new chompers. So, just a thought...Those Pearly Whites cause a host of problems (not the least of which is biting!).

Love ya, girlie!
Julie