Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Luau

This past weekend was a very busy one for us. Like I said before, Friday consisted of cleaning, laundry and yard work, along with time at the park. Then Saturday morning was my cook-a-thon with my sister and Grandma & Grandpa Dziedzic visited. But, the best part was when my good friend Suzanne came over. She was in town for a family function and stopped in, bringing with her our favorite Starbucks drinks. We talked about kids and old friends and life in general. She's one of those friends where we tend to think the same things on the same subject, and no matter how long in between times we see each other, we seem to be able to pick up where we last left off. We've been close since the second grade and were roomates in college. I love Suz! Then on Sunday we went to Nonie & Poppy's to celebrate Nonie's birthday, Aunt Alicia's birthday and Aunt Missy's birthday. They had decorated their backyard/patio with Hawaiin decorations, which was so cute. Poppy grilled and we enjoyed the company, outdoors and food!
I had a "nada-colada" (or non-alcoholic pina-colada), which was delicious. The party reminded me of my favorite Homestar Runner episode: http://www.homestarrunner.com/luau2.html. My favorite part, of course, is the "personalized name tags."Caleb slept the entire time we were there, literally. But, he slept well that night, too, so I can't complain!Last night we visited Gymboree in Lancaster, and tonight we went to Chuck E. Cheese. More from our experience there to come!I asked Joshua today, "Do you know how much Mommy loves you?" His response? "YES!" Okay! My little ones (and big guy!) are so adorable.

No comments: