Thursday, August 28, 2008

Brotherly Love

Today I went to a Moms Group, and I wasn't sure what I thought of it. Before writing it off, I'm going to try it again. Joshua did make a little friend there, who was 3 and a half. They played baseball together, but for the most part, Joshua just watched the other kids, observing their different interactions.

One of the moms asked me, "So, how has the transition been with having two children." Before really thinking about it, I said "way easier than I thought it would be. In fact, it's been wonderful." Shawn just said to me the other day, "I really think Joshua genuinely likes Caleb. Isn't that so cool?" I couldn't agree more. He absolutely LOVES his little brother. He's constantly saying 'hi' to him, and yesterday he blew him kisses for a better part of the day (since we're only actually touching 'toes'). He always asks where the baby is if I put him down, and he loves to watch him. Being around the two of them, you can already tell how much Joshua cares for our smallest family member.

I tell Joshua almost everyday that I'm thrilled how well he does with the baby, how nice it is that he's so gentle and loving, and I couldn't be happier that he likes him so much. Thank you, God, for blessing our family with two little loving brothers!

No comments: