Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hic-cup, Hee-hee

Any time Caleb makes a noise, Joshua laughs and laughs. He especially enjoys Caleb's hiccups for some reason and giggles with delight when he hears those little noises. When Caleb coos, he also laughs. He is so intrigued by his little brother. He goes up and tries to touch him and then remembers that he's limited to touching his toes. So, he often says 'baby! toes!' It's really sweet. If Caleb is crying for any reason, Joshua immediately comes to get me and says 'baby! baby!' and is distressed until I pick Caleb up. He is such a good big brother. He is always saying 'hi' to the little guy, too. My favorite, though, is now that he's trying to say Caleb's name. It sounds like 'bee-bup.' He can say "okay!" so I'm trying to tell him that Ca- sounds like kay, but he insists his name is 'bee-bup.' It makes me smile every time I hear it.

Caleb also enjoys his brother's company. When Joshua laughs, Caleb has been known to grin. He watches for him as much as he can as well. He doesn't mind when Joshua gets close and doesn't seem to notice his toes being played with. And, occasionally when Joshua cries, Caleb joins in. I can already tell the special bond they will have and I think it's so neat. While I would have enjoyed having a girl, I'm now so glad that I had two boys. They bring such an interesting dynamic to our home, and I wouldn't trade either one for the world.

No comments: