Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Celebrating Success!!!

Tonight, August 20, was Joshua's first successful attempt at the potty. Even when we're not ready, he is! He came into the bathroom while I was finishing up going (which is nothing new - he loves to flush the potty). Then he said to me "Poo poo!" I quickly asked "Do you have to go poo poo?" He said "YES!"I yelled for Shawn to come help! Joshua's only interested in sitting on the potty when we're sitting on the big potty, so I didn't want to move and distract him. Shawn yanked off his shorts, unsnapped his shirt (ugh!) and pulled off his diaper. Joshua cried "shirt! shirt!" so Daddy took it the whole way off, too.Then I'm proud to say with some coaxing, the naked Bean sat on his little potty. And he did poo-poo! It wasn't much (barely the size of a dime) but to sit there and do anything was amazing for us. We praised him and praised him and let him flush the potty. Hooray for Joshua!!! An hour or so later, he finished the job in his diaper and didn't tell us until after he was finished. But, we'll take any successful attempt! My little boy is growing so big! And we're so proud of him!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Once again, I have to tell you...because I know you often worry about Joshua's progress...he is ahead of Jude. Although Jude has wore big boy pants he WILL NOT poo poo in the potty. And, in fact, we're back in diapers again. So, WAY TO GO, Joshua!

I love the pictures of the two of you at the piano. So sweet!