Monday, August 25, 2008

Barf-a-rama...on the Mama!

Last night just before 3 am, Shawn was woken up from a dead sleep by the sound of his wife screaming... It all started when Caleb woke up around 2ish to eat (notice the shirt I wore on him today says 'party at my crib 2:00 am'). I was exhausted! I went into the bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face before picking him up and changing his diaper in preparation for him to eat. He was not thrilled at having to wait for his 'meal' and cried away. But, it didn't take too long until we were settled in and he was eating away.
He was gulping like a champ, and I remember groggily thinking to myself "He must have been really hungry. Did he eat well at his feeding before this? I don't think so..." When he was finished on the first side, I sat him up to burp him. No burp. He doesn't always burp in between, so I wasn't that concerned. I simply switched sides and let him continue to eat.
He again gulped hungrily and I thought, "He should sleep well the rest of the night now." Less than 10 minutes later, he started to squirm. I thought he had gas (this is often the case), but this time he erupted like a volcano...while he was still latched on eating! I was covered in vomit in less than a second. In my tired state and disbelief, without thinking of my poor husband who had to work the next day, I let out a shriek....a very LOUD shriek. Shawn woke up with a startle and threw on the light. Our bed looked like someone had dumped a half gallon of milk all over it.
Poor Caleb...poor Mama. Poor Dada who graciously started changing the bed while I got cleaned up. I think Caleb must have had a burp in there before he started eating from when he was crying as I changed him. The air came out after he had eaten and eaten. The sad thing was, he still acted hungry. I let him eat another 10 minutes (even though I was nauscious from the evening's - or early morning's - events) and laid him back in his pack 'n play. He wasn't too thrilled and woke up off and on throughout the night. Ugh!
Caleb is also starting to lose his hair on top, just like Joshua did. Here's a picture for his memory book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW.... I thought Robby got me bad once...but your story tops it. I was walking down the hall way with Robby on my shoulder and all of a sudden...he thru up DOWN my night gown... I also screamed but no one was home...UGH... I got him cleaned and then to the shower for me...LOL...Oh the things we go thru as mothers...I wouldnt trade it for anything...
Take care
Jeanne