Sunday, August 17, 2008

Doctor's Follow-up

This past week, Joshua's cold turned into a very nasty cough and his breathing still seemed off to me. Finally on Thursday, almost a week after Shawn had taken him to the pediatrician, I called and scheduled a follow-up visit. Thankfully his ears looked good and his lungs sounded fine then (which I agreed that at that moment he didn't sound wheezy, unlike the day before). The doctor explained that it was good we were giving him breathing treatments because they were doing their job. If he was still sick this coming week, it means he has a sinus infection. If he gets over it, it was just a nasty cold (which he seems way better to us and the cough has decreased significantly). My main concern was that he lost weight...from a naked 25 lbs 9 oz to 25 lbs 1 oz with his diaper on. But, the notes from Friday's visit hadn't made it into Joshua's chart yet since it was in a different building, so they didn't notice and I didn't realize to ask until after it was too late. I think with him feeling better, though, he's been eating a little better, and we have another visit scheduled for his 2-year-old check-up next month. So, we'll see what he weighs then.
Our funny moment was when we were getting him dressed to leave. He can put his arms through the holes in his shirt and pull it down. He also will pick up his legs for his shorts, but needs just a little help in getting himself dressed. I was in a hurry as I pulled up his shorts and started to grab his shoes and was surprised that he was starting to whine a little "eh, eh." Then I looked down....both legs had gotten into the same leg opening in his pants. They were tighter than tight and he couldn't walk over to me to get his shoes on. Haaaa!!! Poor guy! I took off his pants and helped get them on the right way and then put his shoes on. Go team!

No comments: