Friday, September 23, 2011

That's Hot!

"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold." ~Provers 22:1
I'm feeling especially thankful that Shawn gave me his "Good" name and reputation. I am so happy to be his wife. He is the one person I know who always tries to do the right thing, no matter what the circumstance. He is the most selfless person I've ever met. There are times that it bothers me - I think he should speak up for himself! But, then I realize that this is true character and a display of Jesus in his life. He treats others as he would want to be treated, he always tries to live at peace with everyone, and he is humble and giving while being kind and compassionate. There are so many things I respect and admire about my husband! I have never known anyone like him! Typically when you live with someone you come to know all their flaws. Instead in our relationship, the more I live with him and see his day-to-day actions, the more I realize just how amazing he truly is.
The other day, he came home from work and said it was "one of those days." I asked him what happened, but he's not one to complain so I didn't hear many details. He did tell me a story from his lunch break, though. He had gone out to run errands and thought he was making good time, so he stopped at the grocery store across from his work to grab a quick frozen dinner to eat at his desk. He knew he was pushing it, but he was really hungry. In the first line he stood in with his one item, the gal in front of him had a million things and for some reason she got held up (maybe she didn't have enough money to pay?). So, he switched to the next line, again simply wanting to get out of there and rush back to work where he's been absolutely swamped. He saw the guy in front of him had paper towels and something else, and he heard him telling the cashier that his car had just broken down. He was going to have to walk back to his home in Talmage where his wife was anxiously awaiting his return so that she could head to work; he was supposed to watch their five kids and he was just getting off work when her shift was starting. We've been there! Shawn said that while he wanted to mind his own business and get back to eat his lunch and work, he knew it wasn't the right thing to do. He offered the guy a ride home, who accepted. So, Shawn stayed a little late that evening to try and make up the time since he has been so busy. To me, that's hot!
I realized today that I never posted about the change in the schedule of Shawn's surgery. For all you prayer warriors out there, he has pushed the date back to Thursday, October 6. Recovery sounds painful, so please keep him in your prayers even beyond that date! Pray for a smooth procedure and that it permanently fixes all the problems in that area. Also pray that the boys and I can faithfully serve Daddy without hurting him in any way. This will be a busy time for me as a mama and I'm sure a somewhat difficult time for the boys who ADORE spending quality time with their Daddy. Pray that Shawn has a quick and relatively pain free recovery and that he is able to just relax and take the time to heal and rest. We appreciate your prayers!!!

No comments: