Friday, September 2, 2011

Drafty

On Monday, Mamaw came over and then I drove us all to the Badorf Shoe Outlet, which was closed. Dang-it! I should have called first. They are moving their store from Rothsville to Manheim and said they'd be open by September 1. That said, when I called on September 1, I was told they were NOT open yet and "hoped" by mid-month. So, we left that morning and drove to Rockvale to the Stride Rite Outlet. They measured both kids feet to be an 11.5 WIDE. I couldn't believe how much both their feet had grown, but especially Caleb's. The store didn't have any shoes that fit them well, though, so we left there without buying a single pair. That said, they've outgrown all their shoes - even their Crocs! Joshua was disappointed we didn't buy anything. We then drove to the Sketchers outlet, which doesn't sell wide shoes. Once again, we left empty-handed. Such is life!
Monday night was another football draft for Daddy. This time, his brother came to our house to participate in an online draft with friends. So, I took the boys outside until it was dark to give them some space. We first went for a walk around the neighborhood and then we went to the playground again to play on the equipment, do hopscotch and run! When we got back, the boys got right into their PJs and then I gave them a snack, brushed their teeth and tucked them in. Once again, Ryan laid nicely on Joshua's bed, and the Bean shared his blankie with his baby brother, which I thought was SO incredibly sweet. Ryan likes to hear me read as well, so all three listened intently as we finished story time. Then the boys & I sang our night-night songs and said our prayers. I snuggled with each one and then took Ryan into his room to rock and sing to him before bed. They all went to sleep fairly well. Shawn came upstairs around 10 pm when his brother left and said I did a good job of keeping the boys, which made me feel good. :) It's my job, but it's nice to be appreciated.
I love my boys and their Daddy!

No comments: