Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kuddos, Caleb!

Caleb's teacher stopped me on Wednesday, September 21, to tell me how impressed she was with Caleb's fine motor skills. We had gotten an email saying that she was going to test their skills just to give her a benchmark of where they were. But, when I picked him up that day, she showed me his paper and how he had perfectly traced all the different lines, curves and zig-zags on the paper. She told me how difficult it is for children at his age to perform such tasks, and his paper was absolutely perfect - not that there was a "right or wrong" for this activity but it just shows where the children are at in their development. She seemed impressed. Way to go, my little buddy!

And where drop-off and pick-up for his class had been somewhat chaotic, his teacher also told me that the one child who was constantly screaming and crying the entire morning was no longer coming back and instead there was another little boy "more on par with Caleb" who would be joining their room. She said "not that Caleb didn't enjoy it before" but that he should "have fun with this little boy." I think Caleb is probably a little more advanced than some of his peers (and maybe even a little older) and it sounds like the little one who joined his room is at the same stage and that he should like his company. I hope so! Caleb is so easy going that he had seemed to enjoy it before, but crying from other children does make him tense. I think he seemed much more relaxed today, which made me glad for his sake.

No comments: