Friday, September 16, 2011

A Crazy Schedule!


It's only the start of preschool, and already I feel like I am constantly on the run! Please, Lord, help us adjust to this new routine!

The Weekend of 9-10-11
Last weekend, I don't even remember what we did (how sad is that?). I remember playing at the playground behind our house, going for a walk, and doing some typical activities that we enjoy as a family. I remember trying to clean my house, too, and Shawn mowing. And finally, I remember once the boys were in bed on Sunday night, Shawn relaxed in the family room to some Sunday night football while I held the Schnook in our bed and watched the tribute to 9-11-01 - ten years later, and I still remember the event like it was yesterday! My heart goes out to all who experienced it even more closely!

Tuesday, Lucky Number 13
Monday Grandpa Georgia watched the boys so I could take Ryan to the pediatrician. Tuesday, September 13, was the start of Study & Share. This year was much different than last year in the fact that I had already made friends and was able to sit with them. Ryan did well for the older ladies who watched him, but it grossed me out that he was sucking on the hand of one of them when I got back in the room. He had had a blow out, they told me, and was now starving. I wish they had come and got me (but they didn't know he wasn't eating well so I'm trying to get him when he's really hungry!). While I was in the meeting, I sat behind someone who had STRONG & NASTY perfume on (and I'm sure the woman is very nice and just doesn't smell it anymore). The aroma triggered an instant migraine, and halfway through I had to leave to throw up. UGH! I emailed the lady who was speaking at the time, apologizing for leaving, and my email included the following, which is true:


Ironically, when I got online later that night, I read the verse that was posted by a friend "the heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense" Proverbs 27:9. I laughed at God's sense of humor! Maybe for those of us who feel like we need perfume to smell nicer, we should realize that just being a heartfelt friend with wise counsel is sweet enough! ;-)
 
All that said, I wanted to let you know that I wasn't just being rude to walk out at an inopportune time. Being an instructor myself, it annoys me when folks disrupt class for insensitive reasons. In my case, it would have been a much worse disruption if I would have stayed! 
 
When I picked Caleb up from his class after getting Ryan from the nursery, I was thoroughly impressed with all he had done in his class that day. You can see in the above picture that they talked about creation and he had done this craft. What a great ministry that is free while us moms get to learn more about God, too! I am glad Study & Share is starting again, but in doing the homework, it's going to require a lot of time to complete. I realize, though, that studying God's Word is important and I'll have to make time to do the Bible study on top of my typical readings.

Since I was sicker than a dog after Study & Share, I called Shawn on my way home and begged him to feed the boys lunch so I could lay down. He agreed. I love my husband! I also called my mom to see if she could come a little earlier that afternoon to help me. She showed up. I love my mom! I took my migraine medicine and passed out for a solid half an hour. By the time I went to school, I was queezy but on the upswing and felt fine for class that night. It was my last night for this semester - praise God! I enjoyed the class thoroughly, but I will not miss the drive. I'm thankful that Mom was able to keep the kids so I could make it on time each week this past month.


Wednesday
Wednesday while the older boys were at preschool, Mamaw & I went to Costco to pick up a few things. She bought the boys winter coats, which they desperately needed, along with a few other things. Thanks so much, Mom! It was a nice morning out, and I enjoyed it. More to come on the last week Joshua would ever be four years old!

No comments: