Monday, September 19, 2011

Friday, the 16th

Friday morning, September 16, we went to our friends' house for a play date. The boys love playing with their buddy Kyler and his little sister Sophi, and I enjoy catching up with Karisten.
When we left there, I tried to go to our typical stand to buy the pumpkins for the pumpkin painting party we were planning...AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY! I was panicked. I called Shawn, and he told me that we could hunt that evening together. But, he found a place over his lunch break that sold some smaller ones that would do the trick. Praise God!

That evening as Shawn mowed the lawn, I called Mamaw to see if she'd like to go shopping with me. She offered to just watch the boys instead, which turned out perfectly! Joshua asked to bake his own cake this year, and I am not a great decorator. I was hoping to find some decorations that might work for his cake and party, along with some ice cream (Shawn had already purchased the rest of the drinks & snacks we would need). We ended up with a sports theme to go along with our pumpkin painting, and it worked out fine. I didn't find any great cake help, but I knew that Joshua wanted to bake a spice cake together and it was all about him. I appreciated them having fun at Mamaw's while I bought the rest of the party supplies (thank you, Mom!). Friday night was busy preparing for the party the next day, which I will post about shortly!

No comments: