Friday, June 29, 2007

Fun w/ Friends & Family

Yesterday, I put sunscreen & a swimsuit on Joshua, and we headed over to mom's where I met Julie & 16-month-old Jude. Julie was cracking me up with her stories - it's always fun to see them! Joshua splashed for a little bit, and then decided it was time for his nap. In the meantime, Mom & Jamie came home from radiation and brought Grace back with them to spend the night. She came barreling down the deck stairs while Mom helped Jamie out of the car and inside to rest. Grace got buck naked to change into her suit that was hanging outside to dry before I could say a word. Jude stood right in front of her with a look of awe on his face. It was a comical scene. Isn't it funny how kids love each other? While Joshua napped on a bed of towels in the shade, we continued to swim. It was a fun afternoon, even though my shoulders are a little burnt!
A funny story from a few days ago that I forgot to post: I was teaching Joshua the song "On top of spaghetti, all covered in cheese, I lost my poor meatball, when somebody..." at that exact moment, Joshua sneezed. I cracked up! He didn't do it on purpose, but it couldn't have come at a more opportune time! He also enjoys playing patty cake. We're starting to teach him how to wave, too. I rarely think about it, but Grandma Ginder was showing him while Grandpa Ginder was teaching him the two-finger "Harley" wave. When Mom came home and stood on the deck and waved at Joshua, she said he waved right back. Hooray!

Here are some pictures of Joshua 'reading' and playing with his dinosaur toy we bought him. He likes watching us play with it, but he has yet to reach out and put the balls in the holes by himself.

The video I put below is a song by Geoff Moore that mom heard on the radio the other day that sent her to tears. I watched the video, and I cried, too. What hope we have for eternal life in Christ! I pray that all my friends & family are saved so that they, too, have this hope!

No comments: