Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sniffling, Sneezing, Coughing & Wheezing

Poor Joshua! Poor Daddy! Shawn picked up a cold at work, and now the Bean caught it, too. Shawn was sick all week with a sore throat, fever, congestion, etc. and now Joshua's nose is crusty, he's wheezing, he can't breathe well enough to want to eat his bottle, and he snorts & snores. Last night Joshua didn't sleep well, so I picked him up and snuggled with him in our bed. Pretty soon he fell asleep, and both of my boys were snoring away with their sad little congested heads. (Normally, neither one of them snores - just me!) Anytime I put Joshua down, his little cry is pitiful. We've been keeping an eye on his temperature, which is just low grade. I called the doctor Thursday night to ask some questions, and I'll take him in if things get worse. We're supposed to go to CHOP Monday, but I have to call them first thing to make sure it's okay to bring him in this state for the test. Please pray that he feels better! And that Shawn feels better, too! And, thank God that I haven't picked it up and pray that I don't! I feel so bad for my lovebugs! Tonight I ran the shower without the ventilation fan to get some steam in the room, and I gave Joshua a shower with the Johnson & Johnson vaporizing soap (thanks, Aunt Erica, for the gift - it came in handy tonight!). I'm hoping that will help him eat so he can sleep better tonight. Since it's sad to see a little snotty-nose Bean, I didn't take any pictures of him for this post, but here are some with him & Emma from the other day when she was here again. Joshua is just learning how to get into everything, and he dumped the "makeshift-toy bin" over to get everything out to play. (I have no idea where Shawn picked this up, but I can assure you he had it LONG before we were dating.) Emma & Joshua were so cute together! She loves books and to be held all the time - she is definitely more girly-like than Joshua, or she misses her mommy's attention now that she has a new baby to take care of. Daniel is doing better, too, praise God! In the picture below, Emma is pointing to the screen saver of Joshua's pictures and saying "baby" when he's really tiny and "Joshua" when the pictures start looking more like him now.Working for two days went well, and I am much more appreciative of Shawn for everything he does for our family. I praise Jesus that I can stay home with Joshua right now and am so thankful for a husband who's willing to work and still be involved in our lives when he comes home. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Julie Garner said...

Glad you survived your days in the office. A little hyper-tension never killed anyone...oh, wait...yes it has...never mind!

We leave for vacation next Sunday. If it is a nice week we will be sure to bound for the pool at least one day. Would you want to go with us? We could meet you at the pool out by your place. Let us know! The only day I can't is Tuesday.

Also, we WILL connect on a Sunday lunch once we get back from the beach. Sounds great to us!

Love you!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh that Shawn...snotty nose and sticky fingers. I do admire your creativity with the shopping basket - makes a great toy bin.
Is Joshua having the barium test done Monday? Elliott had that done at the Health Campus. Let me know how the little man makes out.
Kristen