Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Happy Birthday to Momma!

Today Shawn gave me a kiss before he left for work, and I actually got to sleep in a little. Joshua had been up during the night (those darn teeth!) but then slept in until about 8:30 a.m. During the day, his second top tooth came in finally, giving him a grand total of four. Daddy came home for lunch, bringing me my favorite salad from Panera. Last night, Aunt Erica was gracious enough to watch the Bean so Shawn could treat me out to a nice dinner at my favorite restaurant, Fiorentino's. Tonight I thought it would be nice to have pizza with my whole family (since going out seemed a little bit overkill, especially with our bigger lunch), along with the birthday cake my mom bought and ice cream. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped since everyone ended up coming here, with me having to clean up the mess by myself afterward and my nieces ruining my first mother's day gift from Joshua. :( Such is life...next time we'll go out again on my birthday, even if we take Joshua along with us.
Shawn also surprised me with gifts, even though I told him none were necessary since Millersville has ended and I haven't been getting as many copy jobs lately, making our monthly income not nearly enough to live on comfortably. He is so sweet and the best husband I could ever ask for. I also received many phone calls, emails, e-cards and birthday cards in the mail, along with gifts from Aunt Missy, Aunt Erica, Grandma & Grandpa Ginder (I LOVE the Dress Barn - thanks so much!), Grandpa Georgia, Mom & Jamie, and Becky & Tim. My nieces also made me birthday cards which they brought along over. All in all, it was a special day.

Today Joshua had physical therapy, and Laura said she saw great improvement from last time. We went over the original goals and future goals for him, and we worked on pivoting even more to now include trying to get more rotation with his trunk, which will help him get into the crawling position and back into a sitting position from crawling. We definitely need to baby-proof our house this weekend!

No comments: