Friday, June 29, 2007

Reflection 48: One Reason God Gave You Two Arms is So You Can Comfort Your Wife

Your Tenderness Helps Me Find New Strength.
I appreciate the fact that you use your eyes to see when something's bothering me, and you use your ears to listen to my troubles. What I like best about you is when you use your strong arms to comfort me. I need that comfort when I'm discouraged or disheartened, when I'm hurt and need to be reminded that someone cares and that it will be all right. Life can throw some unexpected punches. Sometimes it can deliver a real emotional knockout. But knowing you're here with me and there for me, that you care about me, helps heal the hurts. Your arms around me remind me that God put us together, not only to share good times, but also to comfort each other in hard times.

'In misery it is a comfort to have a companion.' ~John Lyly


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy and comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have troubles we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments: