Saturday, June 16, 2007

Reflection 40: Your Good Character Inspires Both My Admiration and My Trust

Remain an Honorable Man, and You'll Retain My Admiration.
It's not always easy to be a man of good character. It can cost you business. People may take advantage of you. You may find yourself having to take stands that make you unpopular. It could cost you to be the man you are, but I can assure you of one thing it won't cost you: my respect. I respect you because you have principles you won't sell for money and values you won't trade for friendship, acceptance or a moment's pleasure. Because of that, I can trust you with my heart. I can trust you to make wise decisions and act in a way that won't hurt us. You have many qualities I appreciate, but the one I admire most is your good character.

'A man's reaction to his appetites and impulses when they are roused gives the measure of that man's character.' ~David McKay

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

No comments: