Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's a BOY!!!

Yesterday was fun. Joshua LOVED playing with Emma, and she is so easy going. She says "Jo - shua" and "Baby" when she looks at him, and she would give him another toy if he was trying to steal hers. Mostly, though, he wanted to play with her, touching her arm to make sure she wanted to play with him, too. They were so cute together! I think her favorite toys that we had were the Barnyard Friends given to Joshua by his Grandma & Grandpa Ginder. She loved the piggy that oinked and the rooster, especially. She held them close to her like they were her babies, and then she put them in the basketball net, but never left them far from her side the entire time she was here.
She took a nap around 1:30, when she normally does when she's home. Joshua took one at the same time, even though that's not his normal schedule. He didn't take a morning nap, so he was ready to go to bed then, too. She got her "Na-na" (AKA blanket that Grandma made her that she doesn't part with) and fell asleep immediately. Right then, the phone rang. I saw on the Caller ID that it was my sister Becky, and I figured she probably needed help with the other two, so I answered "Yo! Whatcha need?" and I heard the sweetest little voice on the other end of the line, "Hi, Aunt Val. This is Grace. How are you?" Her intense enunciation on the phone made me giggle. "I'm great! How are you? What are you doing?" She said she was playing with dolls, even though I had to guess at the word dolls until I finally heard my sister in the background helping her try to say it more clearly. She then said, "How's Emma doing?" Unfortunately, Emma was napping or I would have put her on the phone. Faith, too, was napping, I was told. She then said "Bye, here's Aunt Becky." Beck said that Grace told her she missed Emma, so Becky thought they would give us a call. How dear! She's such a great big sister.
Not long thereafter, Dr. Tifft called me back. I explained the background on the visit with CHOP, and he said, "If it were my son, I'd take him back there," which was really all I needed to hear. He explained that they did have a pediatric radiologist in Lancaster who just left and another one coming back in November. Radiologists that specialize in adults can still do this test on children (which is what they would do for other children that came to their practice if they suspected an issue), but he said that CHOP has the best of the best doctors, surgeons, radiologists, etc. and if Dr. Adzick recommended coming back and seeing him, it's worthwhile to get their advanced opinion. He noted that many kids are just "spitters" so Joshua may be just fine. But, they want to make sure that's the case with his other surgeries, and to have the surgeon who worked on him examining the test results was the best case scenario. So, back to CHOP we go!
When the kids woke up from their naps (and check out Emma's hair in the picture below), we all played more until Shawn got home from work. I had offered to get Emma a snack since Jen said she typically has one in the afternoon, but she said clear as day "PLAY!" and headed for the office/playroom. I asked her if mommy was having a boy baby or a girl baby, a brother or a sister. She said "brother." I had gotten burger out of the freezer to make spaghetti since I know Emma likes that and was planning on making it once Shawn arrived; however, he took over in the kitchen while I got them ready in their high chair & booster seat to eat and set the table, etc. Dinner was almost ready when we got the call..."Emma's a smart little girl. It's a boy!" After we finished eating, I took Emma into the hospital to see her mommy, daddy and new brother; however, Mr. 9 lb 12 oz. yet-to-be-named McGowan was in the nursery where visitors aren't allowed. So, we saw Jen & Mike for a little bit and left since Mom & Jamie and Jen's in-laws also were there. I might try to take Joshua in today to meet his cousin if all goes well.

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Congrats on your new nephew!

Sorry to hear what is happening with Joshua. :( If there is anything I can do, let me know!

WOW! Joshua is growing big and strong. He looked so grown up on the latest pictures and he and Jude are almost tracking at the same weight! When we were at the doctors last week Jude weight 22.1. You're catching up, Joshua! Jude's just a little peanut though. Probably from being so very, very busy! That kid keeps me running.

I love you guys!
Julie