Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Swimming for the first time...

Yesterday, Emma came over in the morning so that Jen could take Daniel to the doctor's since they wanted to check his weight since he hasn't been eating well. Jen & I prayed for the little guy the night before, so we're believing that he'll want to eat now - by God's grace. Emma did great again, only Joshua wasn't feeling too great. At the end of their time together, I put on the animal video, and he fell right to sleep. He woke up in time for his therapy, but he was still a bit cranky...I think he had a belly ache, which was resolved on the way to Grandma's house. Once inside her home, we changed his diaper, put on his swimsuit, hat & sunscreen and headed out to the pool! It was soooo hot out that the pool water felt amazing! Joshua LOVED it! He would splash and giggle, and he even "swam" on his belly a little bit by kicking his legs and arms while we held him. I'll have to blow up their baby swimmy, but he did great just being held yesterday. He kept wanting to suck the water out of his hat strings (see above) so I finally put them behind his back. Such a handsome little guy!
My cousin Janis (who has a daughter almost my age) is up from Alabama visiting my mom, and since Jamie had physical therapy and all sorts of doctors appointments today, she came to spend the day here. Jen needed to do two more tests today for Daniel, so the three girls came over and we all went to the playground at the school out back. Afterward, I gave them each a snack of water, mango & veggie chips, and we played a little bit of hide 'n seek while Joshua napped. After Jen picked them up, we played more with the Bean, fed him lunch and then I made grilled cheese & soup for Janis and me before mom came back to pick her up. It was a nice day! I'm going to miss being home with the Bean tomorrow and Friday. I'm working both days for Masterpiece Marketing since the rest of the gals have off and Beth asked me to. Mom's watching Joshua tomorrow morning and Nonie's watching Joshua on Friday. I hope he's good - I'll miss him!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Fun!!! You should totally get the Bean the Speedo raft we have for Jude. It is the perfect size for him and he will love the independence it will give him in the water. Jude still loves to use it, but we got him one of those floater wet suits this year and he likes that even more. Target has them in their swimming section! He will LOVE it!

We went to the pool yesterday! Maybe we can take the boys together some time. Jude loves the water and it looks like Joshua does too.

Julie
P.S. Cute suit!
P.P.S. Let me know how MM goes...it was craziness when I went back for that one week.