Friday, June 1, 2007

Reflection 30: "Wife" is a Synonym for "Friend" and I'll Always Be Your Best One

Others Friends May Come and Go, but My Commitment to You is for a Lifetime.
At different stages of our life together, you probably interchange the word wife with any number of other words: partner, lover, household manager, money-spending expert. But, the one word I hope you'll always think of when you think of me is friend, because that is what I truly am and will always be. You can tell anything to a friend, which is why I'm always here to listen. You share fun and laughter with a friend, which is why I'm always ready to spend time with you. As true friends, we write our own unique history and forge a loyalty born of commitment. Friends come in all shapes and sizes, and I'm glad you have more than one. But I hope I'll always be your best friend.

'Love is rarer than genius itself, and friendship is rarer than love.' ~Charles Peguy

A friend loves at all times, and kinsfolk are born to share adversity. Proverbs 17:17

No comments: