Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Handsome Prince

Yesterday, Aunt Missy & Uncle Kevin watched Joshua over lunchtime so I could meet some former co-workers (& friends!) from Masterpiece Marketing. It was so nice that they were available and willing, and he seemed to really enjoy his time there. Every child I know loves Aunt Missy. While I was out to lunch, another friend called to see if I was available. Why is it that we have some days that are boring and others that have potential for multiple plans?
Last night we met Brian, Gayle & Grant for ice cream at the Leola Freeze & Frizz. They had Grandma Kennel's card for me and a present for my birthday. Thanks! It was a little windy, so we didn't stay too long.
This morning after I gave Joshua a bath, I wrapped him in the froggy towel Grandma Good gave him for Christmas. So cute! Why is it that when I give him a bath I somehow manage to get almost as wet as he is when I try to lift him out and dry him off? Why is it that he waits to go to the bathroom or spit up until just after I've given him a bath? I also wonder why babies hate to get their faces washed after a meal when most adults want to know if they have anything on themselves.
Joshua welcomed me into his room this morning with, "Hi, Dada!" I smiled at him and said, "I'm Momma!" He said "Hi!" He mostly says momma if he wants something, whether it's more cheerois, a toy he can't quite reach, etc. but occassionally he'll look at me and say it. He loves to say "dada," though, and "baba" for bottle or burp. He doesn't say any of these all the time, but sometimes he says things at such an appropriate moment that you think he's really talking. When Aunt Erica was here, it really sounded like he said her name "Urr-Ca." He also says "UP" occasionally if he wants us to pick him up. Shawn and I have been working on that one with him. I love that he reaches his arms out for you when he wants you or to be lifted. He makes all sorts of sounds and noises and LOVES for anyone to listen to them. He loves people and attention. If you're sitting next to him but not paying close enough attention, he will pat your arm and look at you and smile to make sure that you are completely charmed by what he is doing. He's SO precious!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

I've got to see this little prince again soon! He is so big and so gorgeous!!!

Listen, I am always "Da". I don't get it. Jude can say other people's names and I am still just "Da" (and the louder he yells it the more it is for me and not actually for Daddy). Strange. Yeah, and what is it about the face wiping thing? Every night we do the same thing, and every night Jude throws a fit like we're going to wipe his whole face off. I've assured him we will not--doesn't seem to matter.

Love ya, Val!
Julie

P.S. Doh! I should have called Kelley's cell yesterday! I would have loved to have caught you guys at lunch. We should plan to all meet. :>