Friday, May 14, 2010

A Suw-pwise Birf-day Party

Monday, May 10, was Joshua's second-to-last day at preschool. I don't remember what we did that day, other than I cleaned the house from the weekend. I don't mind cleaning, but I feel like it takes time away that I could be spending with the boys. That said, I need to remember that cleaning is also for them... and giving them a clean environment to play in is another way I can express love to them. I did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, swept & mopped the floors, etc.
Tuesday, Aunt Missy invited us over to her house for a surprise birthday 'party' for Erica (who celebrated on 5/8) and Shawn (who would be celebrating the following day). She ordered two cakes, one white for Erica and one chocolate for Shawn. Here are pictures of the birthday brother & sister:
We all met at Missy's at 7 pm, and Erica wasn't expecting to see us all. Brian & Gayle and their kids came as well to enjoy the cake & ice cream and snacks. Here's Erica posing with her 'Dramaville' University present from Aunt Missy.
The boys also enjoyed playing 'Slimin' says' again, and Caleb laughs and laughs every time 'Simon didn't say' and he holds up both his fingers and shakes his head no. We all laughed at his silliness.
Aunt Erica came home with us that night and is spending the week here, on vacation from Florida. We are enjoying the visitor, especially Joshua who doesn't want her to go anywhere.
Here are the aunts (Erica & Missy) and boys, Caleb, Joshua & Grant. Not sure where Jenavieve was when we snapped the photo! Happy birthday surprise!

No comments: