Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bead Bracelets

The other day I had asked Grandma if she had any leftover scraps of yarn from her new knitting and crocheting projects if she could keep them for me. Joshua has enjoyed beading things on string, and I thought we could get some fruit loops and use the left over yarn for such a project. When she came to watch the boys on Monday, she came bearing a game for him and also these really cool letter beads and leather string that was easier to use. The boys were SO excited!
First thing this morning before breakfast, Joshua begged to play with the beads, so I said okay. After they got dressed, I asked them to go down to the table so we could play together with them. Then I dumped the beads out onto the table and noticed the letters. I asked them each to tell me what they'd like to say to Mamaw for bringing the gift. Joshua said "thank you" and Caleb said "love you." So, I tried to judge the size of a bracelet and we looked for the letters to make these messages. Then, I gave them to the boys one a time to thread onto their bracelet string after I had knotted the bottom.
Joshua worked very precisely on his. Caleb had a hard time getting the bead onto the string, but he loved to push it down once we threaded it together. They both had a fun time making their bracelets. After the ones for Grandma were finished, we made ones with their names on them for them to keep as well. We had lots of left over beads, so Joshua made another 'colorful' bracelet that said nothing and he just enjoyed threading them on. Then we cleaned up and the boys ate a later-than-normal breakfast. I'm just eating my rice & bean portion at night, so I didn't eat with them... which has been the hardest part of these past two days.
Afterward, we went to the park, which I have pictures from to post later. Then the boys ate their lunch and took their naps while I worked out. After I was done, Mamaw called to see if we'd want to go shopping, and the boys gave her the bracelets they made her.
Thanks for the crafts, Mamaw! They were fun!

No comments: