Friday, May 28, 2010

Park-y Pooper

The title of this post is based on the geese droppings that are all over my stroller tires. I even stepped in some on our walk around Long's Park. But, our time at the park was truly fun.
I woke up early Thursday morning, as I had done all week, to go for a jog before it got too hot. Then I got ready and we took a meal to a friend. Then we arrived at Long's Park about 9:15 am to play on the smaller playground.

Joshua started to climb up the side, and Caleb followed right behind him. They have both grown so much since they were last at this park, and this wall was now easy for them both.

Then they started to slide. Soon enough our friends arrived - Becca brought Alayna & Kyla to the park to meet us! Joshua ran to greet Alayna, who followed him back to the playground area.
The kids had a blast together! Here are Joshua & Alayna taking it easy on the slides. :)
And here's Caleb coming down next! Becca & I sat on the 'reclining' wooden benches to watch them play. One other little girl came in the time that we were there. We all commented on how these benches have definitely sank backwards. But, there was at least one in the shade on this 90+ degree day! The picture below was taken by the Bean, of course.


Poor little Kyla desperately wanted to join in the fun, but she's not quite walking yet. How I remember Caleb in that stage last year. The older sibling gets to have most of the fun while the younger one wants to eat wood chips like they're Cheerios. Joshua took this picture of Kyla.


When Alayna had to go potty, Joshua wanted to follow her and told me he had to go. So, we went along and then headed to a different play area within Long's Park. I can't believe how big that place is!
Both boys immediately started climbing this wall. While Joshua went to do something else, Caleb persisted in this climbing and made it up the whole way several times with me spotting him just to be safe.
Meanwhile, Alayna & Joshua chose this rock climbing wall with the chain for leverage. It looked like fun!
Here comes Caleb through the tube! And Becca took Kyla on this playground (no wood chips here to eat) and she seemed to enjoy it more.
Then we moved on to the swings next to us. Us mommas talked about summer plans and vacation time, etc.
Caleb desperately wanted to go back to the slides, though, so we went back for a little while before I went and got my stroller and we walked around the pond to look at the geese and ducks.
As we walked, we chatted about growing closer to God and goals for our lives, etc. It was a good, meaningful conversation, which I truly enjoyed. It seems rare to have a moment to have a heart-to-heart with another momma when we're in this stage of entertaining kiddos. Our morning out was nice. And HOT! Did I mention it was 90+ degrees? I think we all left there soaked with sweat - at least the boys & I did!
As we walked, Joshua wanted to hold Alayna's hand. But, since they're both used to us adults grabbing their hands and holding them, they both wanted to be the 'under' hand and had a heck of a time figuring out how to comfortably hold onto one another. Finally, I think Alayna gave in. Haaa!!!

Thanks for the fun morning out, friends! We enjoyed it!

No comments: