Thursday, May 27, 2010

Men in Training

Two days ago, Caleb started saying his name... well, close to his real name. He says "Tay-leb." I think it's great, but each time his little mispronunciations go away, I realize how much he's growing and no longer a baby.
Caleb is started to REALLY like Thomas. The other day we when we were eating dinner outside, we heard a train blow its horn and Caleb said "Hi, Thomas!" He was SO excited. Joshua also still enjoys his trains, but not as much as he once did I would say. I can tell they are both growing. How I wish I could hold onto these years forever! I remember when I was younger wishing I was older... I wished I was old enough to drive, then I wished I was 21 and could go anywhere I wanted, etc. Now instead of wishing life would go faster, I wish it would slow down a little.
Yesterday, we played at Aunt Jen's house in their backyard. The kids enjoy spending time together. I love how Caleb says 'Dan man' - he enjoys playing with Daniel while Joshua has been enjoying time with Emma. I think you always gravitate toward the one who's just a little older than you. We enjoyed the play time. Then last night Shawn surprised me by getting the babysitter lined up by himself and picking a restaurant on his own. We dined outdoors at Marion Court, where my high school reunion will be held in a couple weeks. We both enjoyed salads that were amazing (I would definitely go back) and then we used a coupon we had for buy-one-get-one-free ice cream creations from Maggie Moos. It was a nice date night.

I was charging the camera batteries so I didn't take any pictures yesterday, but these are from the weekend. They're wearing their 'men in training' t-shirts from Ma-maw with their plaid shorts, enjoying outdoor time riding bikes, coloring the driveway with chalk and drumming.

No comments: